Sunday, July 27, 2014

Exciting Changes

The one thing that I don't like about having a full-time job is, that I have very little time for you, my increasing number of readers.  I keep trying to find some extra time to write here, and my other blog, Stekels View, with limited success.

The last several weeks have been quite hectic, and much more exciting than I had ever anticipated.  I'm now a full-time employee, and have received my very first forklift license.

Since getting my forklift license... That's the ONLY thing I've done.  eight hours a day on the lift truck.  It's not nearly as exciting as I'd hoped, but, it also seems that my work has some sort of plan for me.  In just a week or so, I will be moved to another plant, ahead of all my co-workers. 

Everyone that I work with will eventually, (by Christmas) will be moving to this other plant with me.  I just don't know why I've been chosen way ahead of my peers, who have all been working there much longer than me?  I suppose I'll soon find out.

Yesterday (Saturday July 26th), I was invited to have an outing with my co-workers.  This is something a few of us do in a semi regular basis.  We went to a water park in Hamilton (about a 2 1/2 hour drive), for a day of fun, sun, and lots of water.
The family and I arrived, and shortly afterwards, were quickly caught up with a few of my co-workers.  It was great to see them outside of work, as I was actually feeling accepted by my new friends. 

However, for some unknown reason to myself, I didn't really hang out with them for the rest of the day.  Maybe I was just in an anti-social mood, or was hoping that they would come and join myself and my family.  Needless to say, I didn't really see them much afterwards.  As I spent the entire day with my family.  I'm not complaining, just that I don't often get to do fun things with my new family, and my fantastic son. 

I'm certainly going to have to apologize to my friends tomorrow morning at work.  I just hope they aren't too upset with me. 

Either way I look at things now, everything balances out.  I'm really afraid I may have pissed off my new friends, but the up-side is: I'm really moving up at work.  Almost at breakneck speed.  I'll do my best to keep you all up to date. 

Just remember, to all my readers who are suffering from a form of mental illness (just as I am), everything gets better.  It can not, and will not get any worse for you.  You simply have to tough it out, and get some help.  I know how you feel - Nothing is more humiliating than asking for help, for an illness that no one else can see or feel.  But it helps. 

Keep smiling!


No comments:

Post a Comment