Sunday, August 17, 2014

Missing....


So, it's Sunday, then end of the weekend.  Turns out it was one of the best weekends I've had in a really long time.
Despite being injured at work, and doing pretty much nothing at work (light duties), all week, I wasn't expecting much of a weekend.  However, I got to spend the entire weekend with my new family.  All four of us.  Over the past few months, there have been a few minor, and some rather serious hiccups.  Because we're such a strong team together, we've made it trough our tough times.

We spent a great weekend together, doing all sorts of family things together, and getting ready to move to a new home, which will officially be OUR home, not me living in THEIR home. 

I will confess however, that this past week was Hell for me.  My family was away for the week, visiting old friends and family in Philadelphia.  Maybe it's due to my Depression, or because I'm not as much of an introvert as I believe I am, but I absolutely need to be around people.  And, my new family is 3/4 of my favourite people on the planet.  Yes, they brought me home some gifts, but I would gladly give them all back, to have had them home with me last week.  As lame as it sounds, when they were gone, it felt as if part me went with them.
I did spend most of last weekend with my fabulous son.  He'd been bugging me all summer to take him to Canada's Wonderland.  So, that's where we spent last
Sunday.  We had a blast.  We didn't hit as many rides as we'd have liked, due to my banged up side (work injury), but we did indeed have a blast!  But, similar to when my family was in Philadelphia, every time my son is not with me, a little piece of me is missing.  But, I suppose that's true for most broken families. 

However, now that 3/4 of my family is back here with me, life seems to be 100% better.
Yes, I'm still taking my medication on a daily basis, and am doing my best to remain happy, sometimes small little things like this {read above}, makes my life a little harder.

Keep smiling!


No comments:

Post a Comment