Monday, September 1, 2014

Good Changes.... For A Change



The last week or so has been extremely hectic for my new family, and myself.  We moved.  No longer does it feel as though I'm living in THEIR house, but now we are all living in OUR house. 
Sure, rent is a little more costly, and this new house certainly needs some long
overdue TLC, but it's OUR house, and we all love it. 

The move officially took place on two full days ago.  And, for the most part, went off without a hitch.  Our friends and families bonded together, to help us with the big change.  It was a wonderful, and quite cathartic, all at the same time.  If you know what I mean....? 

The kids are back to school tomorrow, I'm also back to work, after a much needed three-day weekend. 

For all of us, it's like a new start.  The kids are both starting newer, and more challenging classes.  My wife/girlfriend is always embarking on something new and challenging with her job, and I have recently started a new, and more exciting part of my career.  Needless to say, we're all excited about these new changes in our lives. 

During our move, while out purchasing some paint for our new home, I learned the power of love, and patience.  Let me explain;  Of all the places in the world, my ex-girlfriend (the one who single-Handedly all but ruined my life), was in the same hardware store as us.  When I saw her, I reacted the same way as I always have.  I turned, and walked away.  But this time, I didn't leave the building, as I always did when she repeatedly showed up at the bar I frequent, yet she claimed to hate.  What I was unaware of however, was that my body language changed as well.  This was pointed out to me AFTER we had all left the hardware store, by not just my wonderful wife/girlfriend, but also BOTH stepchildren. 
y
Needless to say, I could at that moment, and from then on, feel the love from all three members of my new family.  I know now they all have their own way of showing it. 
The bottom line is:  I now know what being TRULY loved feels like. 

Keep smiling!


No comments:

Post a Comment