Thursday, May 22, 2014

Happiness is....


I know it's been quite a while since I last posted, but I've been incredibly busy (work), and sleeping.

I've been keeping to my regular daily routine, and taking my medication every day.  I've been feeling wonderful lately. 
As of lately, I have no complaints.  I've recently received a new follower on Twitter.  A Canadian music celebrity, who also suffers from Depression.  I was actually quite honoured when I got the e-mail that she was a new follower of mine.

Like I've said many times before, it looks as though the days of battling my demons are behind me.  Although, I don't know if that's just because of my medication, or because of my lifestyle changes.  I am living with the most fantastic girlfriend in the world, with the most wonderful kids in the world.  Notwithstanding my own son, whom I speak with regularly, and see regularly, too.  So, needless to say, I'm a VERY happy guy! 

I really don't know what more to write here.  I'm no longer waking up everyday, worried if it will be a GOOD day, or a BAD day.  For the last several months, everyday has been a GOOD day. 

The best advice I can give to you is; don't worry about being happy again.  Don't fret because you've almost forgotten that feeling.  You'll find happiness again.  You'll be content again.  It may be doing something as simple as a slight lifestyle change.  The one thing that changed my life around, and I believe this wholeheartedly is:  My fantastic girlfriend, and her/our children.  To me, life is damned near perfect with them around me. 
That's all it takes.  A simple, little change in your life.  Maybe not finding a new mate.  Maybe a new job?  Or quit smoking, or drinking?  A seemingly small or 'nothing' change in your life, could be the most important thing in the world to you.  You may never know.  Or, you may opt for mind altering chemicals, like I did.  But find later that it's the need of having an individual around.  I'm still not brave enough to stop taking Cirpalex.  It may not make that much of a difference.  However, that's not a risk I'm willing to take....  Yet.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete