Sunday, May 4, 2014

Narcissism At It's Worst

So, it seems my Narcissism has gotten the best of me, for the first time, in a VERY long time.   I made an error that nearly cost me everything in my life.  Now it seems the next few days, weeks, or even months will be spent trying to rectify said error.


I've learned a great deal from this. My actions don't always affect only me, but also to the lives of those nearest and dearest to me. 

The last 18 hours have been like a living Hell for me.  But, I'm trying my damnedest to tough through it.  To make things right.  To the way things were even just 24 hours ago. 

This is an aspect of my life that I have kept from you (my dear readers).  Yes, I'm very narcissistic.  But then again, that may simply be a part of my Depression?  I'm not sure. 
Learning from mistakes are an aspect of every one's life.  However, committing the same mistakes over and over is one of the detriments of society. This is probably going to be the biggest challenge of my life.  That includes my past with my even more narcissistic ex-girlfriend, and her actions that did in fact ruin my life.  Or, at least altered completely the course I can take in life.  There is nothing I wouldn't do to turn back the clock those few hours, and completely rethink my actions. 

Needless to say:  I fucked up.  But, I'm still remaining as strong as I can be.  I'm trying to mend the things I've broken (which I capitulate will take some time). 

The trouble with narcissism is:  TECHNICALLY, I did nothing wrong.  No one was hurt.  No actual action was made.  But, apparently, the world doesn't actually revolve around me.  That's the part I don't get:  Nothing ACTUALLY happened.  No one got hurt.  So why the fallout? 
I'm not an idiot:  Im' taking responsibility for my actions, and trying to fix the rifts I've created.  But why?  Because I'm in love.  The things you do for the people you love, 'eh?


The bottom line is:  I'm a narcissist.  Apparently that's a problem for some people.  However, I'm trying to fix that.  It's not that I'm selfish.  I'll admit that at times I can be.  But, I'm not often selfish.  Or, at least I try not to be.  Yes, I do know the difference between right and wrong.  Sometimes, I tend to ignore said limits.  To 'live on the edge', so to speak.  Make sense?  It does to me.

Keep smiling!


No comments:

Post a Comment