Sunday, April 20, 2014

No Complaints!!

So, it's been a fantastic Easter weekend with my family, despite the fact that I
don't have my son here.  He is however, going to be here next weekend.  With the NEW family.... For the first time.  We're all very excited about it.

This past week has been a great week for me.  The medication are still working, and I'm still loving my job.  In all honesty, life is damned near perfect!  I love it!  I have a great job.  I have an awesome girlfriend.  We both have pretty terrific kids.  Really, what more could I ask for?

My new friend that has been having mental health issues lately seems to be
on the right track.  She's talking about it with her friends, family and teachers.  She's on the road to getting the help she requires.  I'm so happy for her.

We live in a small town, and there's still plenty of stigma about mental health here.  Particularly with the younger people; teenagers, and slightly older.  Hopefully, in the near future, everyone will get passed those stigmas.  That day isn't here yet, however.  My new friend is aware of this, but is keeping a strong face. 

Back to my fantastic weekend....  I all of my time with my family, and a few of my friends.  It was great.  I spent a bunch of time with my step-son trouble shooting some computer and Internet issues we were having at home.  It felt great teaching someone so eager to learn about technology. 


All in all, things are just fantastic for me! 

Now, I ask a favour of YOU....  Retweet this post, re-pin it, post it on Facebook, or whichever social media you use.  I want as many people out there suffering from a mental health issue to know, and to understand, that it DOES get better!  It may not seem like it today, tomorrow, or even next week, but it does.  You're life cannot get any worse.  It will ONLY get better.  Hell, I'm living proof of that. 

Keep smiling!


No comments:

Post a Comment