Tuesday, September 16, 2014

LTD....?

As I posted a few days ago, I was having a pretty rough time.  As a result, I went to see my doctor yesterday (for a follow-up on my medication change/increase). 
As it turns out, I suppose my doctor didn't like the answers I was giving him to specific questions, and as a result, placed me on LTD (Long Term Disability).  That means NO work for me, for the foreseeable future. 

That's no so bad, as there are a lot of things I can do around the house (as we recently moved).

However, once done doing what needs to be done around the house, I'm at a loss for things to do.

Emotionally, I'm fine.  However, the thought of going to work scares the shit out of me.  Which is odd.  I like my job, a well trained monkey could do my job.  I like the people that I work with, and all-around enjoy my job.  However, the simple thought of going there creates HUGE anxiety, and I don't want to go.  I don't know why.  So much so, that last Tuesday, I even turned around, and came home, after getting about half-way to work.  On Wednesday, I managed to get to work, but left after just two hours. 

I can't explain it.  Neither can my doctor, which is probably why he referred mt to a therapist.  I got in pretty quickly too:  Tomorrow.  Maybe that means he's really concerned?

So, a run-down of my last few weeks:

  • A few weeks ago, I started to feel a bit down.  So much so, that my girlfriend and kids noticed.
  • I still went to work, but wasn't entirely feeling like my mind wasn't in the game, if you know what I mean? 
  • Last Monday, I called off work, because I just couldn't go.
  • The next day, Tuesday, I made it half-way to work, then turned around, and came home.
  • The following day, Wednesday, I made it to work.  The moment I got there, I knew I shouldn't be there.  So, I left after about two hours and twenty minutes into my shift.  
  • The next morning, I called my doctor, and was seen by him that afternoon.  He then doubled the dose of Cipralex (now 20mg a day), that I'm taking.  He also wrote a note for my work, excusing me from work for that whole week.
That brings us to Monday (yesterday), and me sitting at home, writing a post for you to read, and/or comment on/share.

So now our house only has ONE income, as we're trying to figure out if I am eligible to receive ODSP or CDP. The trouble being:  I don't know yet if I'm off work indefinitely, or just temporarily. 

I guess now it's just a waiting game.  I'll be sure to keep you all posted.

Keep smiling! 

No comments:

Post a Comment