Monday, March 17, 2014

Minor Hockey & Minor Hiccups

So this past weekend was a first for me.  I can no longer say I've never been to a minor hockey tournament.  I must say though, it was quite an experience.  What you hear about 'Crazy Hockey Moms' is by and large, true.

I must confess however, I was quite frightened about this event.  I was going to be out of my element.  Not in control of what was going on around me.  Limited in the places I could run and hide.  I think I kept that part of my thoughts quite well hidden.

I stayed back at the hotel, and avoided going to just one of the hockey games.  I cant' even remember what excuse I came up with, but it (kind of) worked.

Needless to say, I had a pretty darn good weekend away with my new family.  I sorely missed my own son.  But, I'll get to hang out with him this coming weekend.  Nevertheless, my new family and I seemed to get along quite good, despite a minor hiccup on my part.

I'm still looking forward to finding a new job, and getting out of the house a bit more often.  I've learned throughout the past, that that's the best way to combat Depression.  Stay busy.  Keep your mind occupied, and don't dwell on negativity.
Until next time:  KEEP SMILING.  TOMORROW WILL BE BETTER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment