Friday, March 7, 2014

Went For One... Got Another

So, I had a pretty darn good day today.  I went and interviewed for one job, and got offered another, as well.  How sweet is that?

I've found that keeping myself busy is the key to staying happy.... Or at least not Depressed.  I also have a very supportive network of friends and family.  It's fantastic. 
In the past, I had a girlfriend who 'told' me she was supportive, and I genuinely thought she was.  Turns out, I NOW know what a REAL supportive girlfriend feels like.... And she wasn't one of them.  It truly is amazing how clear things look, after you get the right medications into your system, and surround yourself with the right people.

All in all, things are looking up for me.  I feel great, I've even quit smoking... This time for real, I think.  I don't drink as much as I used to (or should), depending on your perspective, and I'm trying to eat healthier. 

Over the last year or so, I've been toying with the idea of writing a book.  Getting my thoughts down on paper.  Relaying my experience of the last couple years to more readers.  I've slowly been writing said book in my head.  The trouble is:  I lack the motivation to sit down, and write a gut-churning story.  There are many parts of the last few years I don't think I want to relive.  However, I recently started seeing a new therapist, and she seems to think it's a good idea.  What do you guys think?




No comments:

Post a Comment